Stupid Colorado Map loading question.

bittsen

Uploading maps to my colorado using MapSource. It doesn't give me the option to change the .img filename before uploading.

When I make a change to one of the maps, if I try to upload the one area I changed, it overwrites all the maps.

How do you change just one segment, etc. without it overwriting the whole map. Can you change the .img filename on the unit and have it still work?

Uploading maps to my colorado using MapSource. It doesn't give me the option to change the .img filename before uploading.

When I make a change to one of the maps, if I try to upload the one area I changed, it overwrites all the maps.

How do you change just one segment, etc. without it overwriting the whole map. Can you change the .img filename on the unit and have it still work?

see http://garmincolorado.wikispaces.com/Maps#toc14

and following

MapSource creates a file named gmapsupp.img. You can change it to 'anyname.img' - just keep the .img extension. MapSource will overwrite the gmapsupp.img file at the location where you are sending the new (gmapsupp.img) file. There is no way to add or delete a segment/quad/tile to an exitsting xxxx.img file. Depending on what you are trying to do and which mapsets you are using; selecting data 'a', 'b', and 'c', creating gmapsupp.img, then renaming it abc.img, then selecting data 'd', 'e', and 'f', creating gmapsupp.img, then renaming it def.img, etc. may do what you want to do.