Does anyone here use Crossover Mac and GSAK?

rovers3

Has anyone used Crossover Mac and GSAK and how does it suit your geocaching needs?

I have a mac computer and would like to use it for my geocaching but have been unhappy with the mac programs available at this time. I've tried Maccaching and don't like Parallels or Bootcamp.

I am currently using an old laptop with windowsXP and GSAK to get caches to my Oregon 400t, and POI loader to get them onto my nuvi using a macro.

I would like to be able to do all of this on my mac without opening windows.

From the thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=237156

Jan 4 2010, 03:02 PM

"I just downloaded the trial version of crossover and was able to get GSAK running on it with no issues."

From the forum at Crossover mac

Date: 2009-11-05 23:19

Garmin GPS 60cs

"All the functions of the Gsak program that I have tried work good, but it is a large program rich on options. The most important option still eludes me. I can't get the program to download to my GPS. I this it is a gps driver problem."

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks rovers3

I've never used Crossover Mac, but I run GSAK on all my Macs. I couldn't survive without it. You need to have an Intel Mac with Windows installed though. I run mine using VMWare Fusion but you can use BootCamp or Parallels just as easily. Works great and it's fast...