fieldnoteimportandlog gsak problem?

Swamper68

I seem to be having a problem with fieldnoteimportandlog macro for GSAK. Maybe someone can help me, maybe it isn't a problem.

I probably just missed checking off an option.

When I do an import from my Dakota20, I have the macro set to delete geocache_visits.txt

I then go through all 3 steps of the macro to import the file, create/add to my field notes, then import the gc file to gc.com. After I am finished I click on #3.

I have double checked to ensure that the geocache_visits.txt file is removed from the dakota and proceed on to the next days caching.

Now the problem comes when I do the next import.

On a consistent basis when I add my notes to the logs as they pop up on #2, I will get old dnf's and found logs popping up. It will still have my notes from the last time I use the macro in there, but then my count gets thrown out of whack.

So the problem becomes, if this keeps up, I will have to click ok to move on to editing each cache and with numbers growing, if I have to click on ok 100 or more times, this will become very time consuming.

Is there something I need to check off or do I need to do a PQ to download my finds so the macro knows that I have indeed posted those logs already?

If I don't want to post one of the logs, such as a dnf, how can I stop the macro from asking me over and over again everytime I import the field notes?

Thanks for any help with this.

Ok.

Resolved my own problem. Updated gsak from the online GC database via a pocket query of my finds, and a gps exchange file from each dnf.

fieldnoteimportandlog macro now doesn't want to add those logs into the GC file for upload.

Guess we can leave this here in case anyone wants the answer as I couldn't find this answer anywhere.

Trial and error. that is what GC'n is all about isn't it? TFTC??? LOL!!!

Hope this helps someone else.