How doI remove maps from my GPS

Radtke Family

I have a Garmin etrx Vista HCx and a micro SD card. I also have a Mac. I used Mapinstall to load a bunch of maps from gpsfiledepot.com, and http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php.

I think I loaded too many. Like the whole US. I really only need my home state.

When I try to choose a map on my GPS there are hundreds.

How can I remove maps from the card?

What the heck is MapManager for?

All I really want is a topo and a road map for my area. What's the best way to go.

Help a noob.

Okay, sorry to sound frantic. Just to clarify, I believe I have the following on my GPS (as per MapManager):

OSM World Routable.gmapi

lbycusU2.gmapi

mti_wi.gmapi

The lbycus one was for the continental US and has put hundreds of files on my sd card.

I like the details and accuracy of the OSM maps better and would like to )I think) remove the lbycus maps.

But I cannot figure out how.

Or how to toggle between maps on my Garmin.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Thanks guys, I was able to clear the card. But I still need some guidance. Do I need to limit myself to one style of map? Like choosing topo or road? I loaded the WI topo maps. It loaded over 100 individual files that show up on my GPS to check or uncheck. I also wanted a good routable road map. How do I switch between these two choices on my GOS? Or do I do it somewhere else?

Thanks guys, I was able to clear the card. But I still need some guidance. Do I need to limit myself to one style of map? Like choosing topo or road? I loaded the WI topo maps. It loaded over 100 individual files that show up on my GPS to check or uncheck. I also wanted a good routable road map. How do I switch between these two choices on my GOS? Or do I do it somewhere else?

Main Menu

Setup

Map

Map Setup-Information

Menu Button

hide or show the mapset you want.

Main Menu

Setup

Map

Map Setup-Information

Menu Button

Thanks coggins, but that's my trouble, when I do exactly as you say, I see over 100 different files to hide or show from the same topo map. Did I bring them in wrong?

By the way, your quick response is making my night :rolleyes:

Main Menu

Setup

Map

Map Setup-Information

Menu Button

Thanks coggins, but that's my trouble, when I do exactly as you say, I see over 100 different files to hide or show from the same topo map. Did I bring them in wrong?

What you are seeing is correct. Hit the menu button (lower left hand side of the unit) and you will be able to hide or show the different maps you have loaded. Your unit knows what segments are part of which map. It sure beats selecting each map segment manually when you load more than one map type.

Main Menu

Setup

Map

Map Setup-Information

Menu Button

That is on the MapSet-Information page, press the MENU button and you can show or hide mapsets such as WI TOPO, OMS Autoroute map, US BASEMAP etc... and not the individual map .img segments.

Helpful bunch, these cachers. I remember how excited I got when I figured out exactly what Coggins is showing you.

HOW RIGHT YOU ARE! Thank you all. Figured it out. Why the heck the manual isn't as help full as you guys, I'll never know!

I never bothered to read the manual, I just pressed the buttons until I learned what they all did.