Delorme PN-30 Canadian Maps

42at42

Has anyone had any experience with Canadian maps on the Delorme PN-30? Do you know if it has good trail maps?

My experience with Topo maps in general is they do not have good detailed trail maps. The trails are more general in description and will be lacking in high resolution detail. If you want good trails to load on the PN, you'll need to look for GPX trails for your area of interest. With those, you can creat draw layers which can overlay on top of your imagery (topo or otherwise), and also create routable tracks to load onto your PN.

The Topos are offered through NetLink. They are 1:50 scale.

That is great news.

Ahh here: http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtd...p;section=10462 They are the scanned Federal maps. As far as trail information goes on those maps, sometimes it is OK, but usually it is quite out of date. It depends quite a bit on the specific location.

Edited by Red90

As I understand things, currently, Delorme offer road maps only for Canada. Topo maps are not yet available but are planned.

Trail maps for your area are available in Garmin, GPX and KML format here: http://trailmaps.torontogeocaching.com/ I'm not that knowledgeable about Delorme, but I believe using the GPX format files is fairly straightforward.

Thanks for the info. It does say Delorme is supported. I think I may go with with the pn-30,