Looking for help with a Tungsten E

A couple of years ago I ruined my 1st Palm Tungsten E by cracking the screen while caching. I bought another Palm on ebay and all was fine for a year or more. Then the battery quit accepting a charge so Im a paper cacher again. I found batteries on ebay for less than $10.00 BUT !!!!!!!! I tried to remove the battery from the ruint Palm and it was like peeling paper off of a label. Does anyone know who or where I can get the battery replaced. Im lost without my Palm. Im in Asheville/Arden NC area. Thanks in advance for helpful replies

I'm not familiar with the internals of the Tungsten E,, I once tried pulling the battery ouf of my old Sony Clie PDA (for long term storage).. and it wasn't easy.. made me think the battery isn't a "user servicable" component..

Those Palm PDA's can be had so cheaply on places like Ebay.. maybe just go for "broke" and buy a whole 'nuther one that has a good battery?

By the way,, a quick 2-second search for that model brought this up..