Can't access my own bookmark list

angellica

I use bookmarks extensively and at the moment I don't appear to be able to access some of them - I get an error stating that 'You do not have permissions to view this list.'

I can still add to the BM, but I can't delete or access the listing. I have also had the issue reported to me by a user of one of my public lists.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

As of this morning, this is also my problem with one of my bookmark lists (see Whidbey Island bookmark list). I can edit the bookmark title and info. I can add to the list. But I cannot view it. What gives?

I checked a couple of my other bookmark lists and had no problems. I'm going to go now & check ALL of them to see if there are any others.

Wow - so my browser gets the GC website to issue an error message (generated by GC) to me specifically about only one of my multiple bookmark lists? I'm having a hard time believing that for some reason. I absolutely don't want to clear the cache - it's a record place holder of sorts for me. This is a very recent development for me and I have been running Firefox for years. I am SO hoping you are mistaken...

Wow - so my browser gets the GC website to issue an error message (generated by GC) to me specifically about only one of my multiple bookmark lists? I'm having a hard time believing that for some reason. I absolutely don't want to clear the cache - it's a record place holder of sorts for me. This is a very recent development for me and I have been running Firefox for years. I am SO hoping you are mistaken...

You don't have to clear your browser history. Just the cache and cookies from Geocaching.com. It may be just specifice cookies but I don't know if anyone has determined this. Certainly it would be nice if Grounspeak could determine what causes Firefox to get into this mode. It might be something than can be corrected on the Groundspeak side (correct expiration on the cookies or cache). I'm just telling you how I fixed it on my computer and how others have fixed the problem.

you have to clear your cache once in a while, otherwise you will get outdated data on the pages you view

here's a nice add on for FF that its just a click away

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1801