New to the game

seana35

I have just found this web site and after researching for a while thought the whole concept of geocaching seems like something fun to do. Once my children get old enough I think that the little adventures we can have will be great only thing is I really want to get goin now but really don't want to do it alone I know my partner is not really into this sort of thing so I am just checking to see if there are any other newbies to this in my area who fancy going out hunting instead of alone.

First things first.

If you're comfortable with letting us know where you are from, then folks nearby you may be willing to get in Contact with you.

If you happen to be in or near K3 County, Illinois, I'd be happy to try to help you out. But if you're from Spokane, Washington.... then I would be of no assistance at all.

Know what I mean? Ya gotta let us know where you're from before anyone here can give ya some helps on this question.

Welcome! :laughing:

A few suggestions:

1/ Go to the regional forums and find out if there is a forum or yahoo group especially for geocachers in your area. Then ask on there if any other moms with small children want to go geocaching sometime. Or if your free time is on weekends, any other lady geocachers. Some go out in pairs or teams and may invite you to join them :laughing:

2/ Drag your mom friends and their small children with you until they become addicted :huh:

3/ Find local mom forums, meetups, clubs, or yahoo email lists to join and then post/email everyone asking who might be interested in joining you sometime.

4/ Definitely let us know what city/area you're in in case there are other moms reading who might want a geocaching friend :lol:

On weekday mornings I have a friend I cache with about once a week. We put our little ones in a double stroller and find caches that are stroller accessible - parks with paved trails are great for this :P Babies can go in a backpack, sling, or stroller - just pick carefully which caches you try. Look at the terrain and make sure it is a one star or one and a half stars, and if attributes are posted see if there is one indicating it is stroller or kids friendly (I didn't notice these to the right of the descriptions when I first started) :)

Have fun!

Thanks for the advice guys man cant you tell i am a proper newbie to this, i should of figured that with this being a global thing it might help a little if i gave my location. I am in the UK (manchester) by the way.Now i have a little more time i think i will check things out and read proper.

Thanks again guys :unsure:

Hi Welcome to the obsession/ hobby/sport

here is a link to the UK association:

http://www.gagb.co.uk/forums/

and the UK forums:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=115220

Another way is to contact local cache setters or pop along to one of your local events. We are generally all a friendly bunch :P , apart from on the forums :unsure:

Just get out there and have fun.