Got a muggle to CITO!

Opalblade

I placed my first two caches today and there was a lot of trash by one of them, and even worse, someone had dumped a broken storage container right there next to the trail and someone else had left their bag of dog poop inside eww!! The mini ninjas and I got to work picking up trash until my cache area looked pretty, and put the trash inside the broken storage container.

Just then a muggle went jogging by. I stopped him and asked if by chance he lived nearby (he was running in the direction of some houses) and might be willing to take the storage container of trash to his trashcan. That I would take it but wasn't sure if it would fit in my minivan and we weren't headed home until much later. He said he would but he lived pretty far up the road and was busy jogging. I said ah ok, that I would take it, because I just couldn't bear to leave a yucky broken storage container on the trail (bambi eyes).

He told me to leave it right there and he'd come back with his pick up truck to get it woohoo!! Yay what a sweet muggle :laughing:

Result - Pretty cache area :laughing:

Edited by Opalblade

Good on all of you. Something similar to CITO started around these parts with the annual "Beach Sweep" which usually coincides with Earth Day. Now, as a matter of course, when we're wandering around the outdoors for whatever reason, we carry and encourage our kids to carry bags specifically for carting litter out for proper disposal.

I think it does make a difference.