Implement giving trackables to other players

DENelson83

If you have a travel bug or geocoin in your inventory, and you load a page for another player, you should have the option of dropping that bug or coin on that other player, essentially saying you've given that trackable to the other player. This would send an e-mail to that player as a reminder that he or she should log a grab of that particular trackable.

Edited by DENelson83

If you have a travel bug or geocoin in your inventory, and you load a page for another player, you should have the option of dropping that bug or coin on that other player, essentially saying you've given that trackable to the other player. This would send an e-mail to that player as a reminder that he or she should log a grab of that particular trackable.

I'm not quite sure I understand the situation you want the option for. If I have given a Traveler to another person the fact they have it in hand should be enough that they know they should log a Grab and pull it away from me.

I'm not so sure we should have the ability to place a bug in someone else's possession without their involvement.

I'm not quite sure I understand the situation you want the option for. If I have given a Traveler to another person the fact they have it in hand should be enough that they know they should log a Grab and pull it away from me.

And if (s)he drops the trackable and forgets to log it?

And if (s)he drops the trackable and forgets to log it?

I agree that proper logging is very important and I agree that some people need to take more responsibility when they take possession of a bug. I'm not so sure that I would fix bad logging habits by forcing it into their inventory.

A direct conversation would probably help more in the long run.