GPS Triton 300 unit - how to log caches as "found" on VP

zedder63

Hello,

I am new to geocaching and my Triton 300 unit. I am using the VantagePoint software that is recommended with the unit. On VP, I just can't seem to figure out how to change the geocache listing from "not found" to "found". Is there some way that I can log on the GPS that I found the cache? or manually change it on the VP software itself? I would like to keep record of the ones I have found, but currently I am logging it as "not available" to show myself that I have found it. It is an okay walkaround, but I would rather do it properly.

Thanks so much for the help.

Jeanette

Sad to say, there is no way to mark a geocache as found on the Triton. Like you said, there are workarounds like what you did or changing the icon to something else. But both require a bunch of clicks on the machine. After 2 years now on the market, they still haven't fixed this fundamental error.

On the Garmins of course, you click found and it will mark the geocache as found, remove it from your active list, and offer you to find the next closest geocache.

Good to know! thanks :)

This was our entry level one to make sure we liked it before shelling out a tonne of cash-ola, so we will keep this in mind when we upgrade, because we are now hooked-on-geocaching!

It would be nice if they didn't list them all as "not found" if you can't "find" them. Duh. Well hopefully they will figure it out soon enougth for us to enjoy it.

Now I just use the "not available" and then filter for "only available" caches. This way I can still keep track of the ones we already did.

Thanks again for the help.

Any ideas on backlighting? It seems to be that it is either a beacon like a lighthouse, or so dark that i can't read it even in the daytime! No happy medium???

Thanks again!