PQ with cache-founds of only today/last 2 days

Team WECA

Hello,

when creating a PQ, i cant select a found-date-field as criteria. Only the placed-date is available in the criteria.

Is it possible with other criteria, to make the results of a PQ only the found caches (caches "i found" is checked) today, or found in the last x days (where you can fill in the number of days)?

So that it is possible to query only the most recent found every day, or on regular dates. The my finds PQ can only run once a week. I would like to update my database more often. And only want to add the most recent finds (only based on my found date).

Is this possible, or am i asking for a new feature?

Greets,

Team WECA

There's a standard "Found in the last 7 days"

pq2.jpg

In the section "That (and)", left column, fourth down.

It's not a variable, but at least it's caches that have only been found recently.

Hello, thanks for your quick reply!!

I gave your response a try, with one difference: i checked the top-right option (i have found) instead of top-left (i havent found). Unfortunately i doesnt limit to only my founds.

Would be nicer if there was an option: i have found in last 7 days.

Are there some other limitations/criteria, to the result to only my founds in the last 7 days?

Greets from the Netherlands

Team WECA jr

Carsten

What database are you using? If GSAK, there is a way to handle this quite easily as I do it after each cache trip, as I'm logging.

Hi,

yes i can/do use GSAK as database. But i hardly use it for anything else than only importing some queries (my finds, my owned caches and caches (of several types) nearby home).

But for the rest i am not using GSAK: not for logging or so. I log, with sometimes uploading photo's, via the gc.com website.

I just want my own finds as recent logs. The only query, which has only my own logs, is the my finds PQ. A self-made/created query, contains the last 5 logs (and it can happen, that mine isnt in it).

I thought about write a application or something, which reads on certain time, the gc.com/my page scanning it for the last logs, going to those logs and caches, for getting log and geocache-data into my database.

I want to update my database more often, daily when possible.

Greets and thanks for the support

Team WECA jr

What database are you using? If GSAK, there is a way to handle this quite easily as I do it after each cache trip, as I'm logging.

I thought about write a application or something, which reads on certain time, the gc.com/my page scanning it for the last logs, going to those logs and caches, for getting log and geocache-data into my database.

Team WECA jr

It sounds like you are contemplating scraping the site with that application, so before you spend a lot of time on it I'll just point out that spidering programs are against the terms of use. I apologize if I'm reading too much into that.

I'm curious why you want to have your data updated so frequently? As mentioned earlier, GSAK lets you quickly and easily mark caches found in there.

Like Cache O'Plenty, that's what I do (if the finds are in my home area), so if I decide to cache unexpectedly the next day I can quickly send only unfound caches to my GPS.

The process:

1. Find cache.

2. Mark it found in your GSAK database.

3. Filter on just the found caches in the database

4. Copy those "finds" to your GSAK "My Found Caches" database.

5. Compare that total with GC.com's count to make sure you didn't miss any. Reconcile if needed.

If any caches are outside of your home area, merely import them to your "Home Database" and mark them like above. (export the .gpx file from the cache page after you log it found).

No, you won't have "your log" in your "My Found Caches" database but you'll have all the records unless, of course, you use the Save gpx button. You can also mark your FTFs before you copy them - that will go with the record.

Then, every week or so, get a new My Finds PQ and your found log will be added.

If you really, really, really need your found log in that database all the time, then save the .gpx file after you have logged each cache. When done logging and saving, merely import all of .gpx files into your My Found Caches database - your log will come with it.

You can also speed up the logging process at step 3 above. Merely right click on each cache record and "open waypoint URL". It'll open your browser to the cache page. No need to go through the "Hide and Seek" nor input any GC codes.

Edited by Cache O'Plenty