"Send to GPS" Error

Mr Crow

Trying to "Send to GPS" on one particular cache I get the following error script. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Just read elsewhere the problem will be fixed RSN.

I think the fix relates to bookmarking failures rather than my "Send to GPS" issue. The cache that fails is GC208WD.

Searching for other "Send to GPS" issues seems impossible because of word lengths < 5 characters.

Just read elsewhere the problem will be fixed RSN.

I think the fix relates to bookmarking failures rather than my "Send to GPS" issue. The cache that fails is GC208WD.

Searching for other "Send to GPS" issues seems impossible because of word lengths < 5 characters.

I now have two additional (unpublished) caches which give the same error when trying to "Send to GPS", namely GC203TK and GC203TP.

The problem is repeatable in Chrome, Firefox and IE. The only common denominator I can see is the cache codes all start GC2!?

I now have two additional (unpublished) caches which give the same error when trying to "Send to GPS", namely GC203TK and GC203TP.

The problem is repeatable in Chrome, Firefox and IE. The only common denominator I can see is the cache codes all start GC2!?

I don't think that GC.com will allow you to "Send to GPS" on a unpublished cache. I just tried it with a couple of my unplublished caches, and get the same result, and I think it is because of the protocols that are in place that allow for the transfer.

It's your cache, why the attempt to "Send to GPS?"

I don't think that GC.com will allow you to "Send to GPS" on a unpublished cache. I just tried it with a couple of my unplublished caches, and get the same result, and I think it is because of the protocols that are in place that allow for the transfer.

Send to GPS has always worked before on unpublished caches. I have current unpublished caches which work fine.

I send my own caches to GPS as a final check that waypoints etc are in place before I hit the "release for publishing" button.

Send to GPS has always worked before on unpublished caches. I have current unpublished caches which work fine.

I send my own caches to GPS as a final check that waypoints etc are in place before I hit the "release for publishing" button.

I've just created a brand new cache with the barest details i.e. no HTNL and that still gives the same Send to GPS error. My older unpublished caches of over a month ago are fine. Conclusion: something has changed at GC.COM in that time. An official response from GC would be welcome.

I've just created a brand new cache with the barest details i.e. no HTNL and that still gives the same Send to GPS error. My older unpublished caches of over a month ago are fine. Conclusion: something has changed at GC.COM in that time. An official response from GC would be welcome.

I note in the release notes for September fixes the following:

12030: Send to GPS exploit allows viewing of unpublished cache by regular user

Implemented security checks for unpublished caches

My guess is that this has not been implemented correctly. I have unpublished caches created in September which work OK, but new ones (post fix day) that don't. Am I right?