personal coin as geocoin?

seadad9903

would a personal coin (one i had made for a deployment to the middle east) be suitable as a geocoin? there is no number on it, but there aren't very many in existence. the coin itself is highly unique, a triangle with logos of specific units on it.

any comments on the acceptability of this coin is appreciated

seadad9903

would a personal coin (one i had made for a deployment to the middle east) be suitable as a geocoin? there is no number on it, but there aren't very many in existence. the coin itself is highly unique, a triangle with logos of specific units on it.

seadad9903

If it doesn't have a tracking number on it then it isn't an actual "geocoin" as far as I know (but I don't know everything)

I think without the tracking number it's just a signature item.

seadad9903

That could be considered a non-trackable geocoin. It just depends on what a person views as a geocoin. Some say it's not, some say it is. It's all up to you. <_<

OK. then my question to the general populance would be.....

if you found a coin such as that, with a specific destination or goal would you help it on its way or would you treat it as something to keep?

I would try to keep it going but if it didn't have a tracking number, you can bet someone would keep it.

if you found a coin such as that, with a specific destination or goal would you help it on its way or would you treat it as something to keep?

If you want it to travel, your best bet would be to drill a hole in the coin and attach a TB tag to it.

I would try to keep it going but if it didn't have a tracking number, you can bet someone would keep it.

that is what i had decided on my own, but i wanted confirmation. i am ok with someone keeping it. my thinking is that, since it is so specific of a coin, that if someone were to keep it, hopefully they would keep it for due to some feeling for the military as opposed to keeping just because it is a "trophy".

If you want it to travel, your best bet would be to drill a hole in the coin and attach a TB tag to it.

hadn't thought of that. might be a good way to go. thank you