Retired Caches

Neotek

Quite literally by accident while attempting a Geocache I came across a letterbox hybrid cache today. I opened the cache and found that I was the first person to find the cache since April. I signed the log and moved along planning to put it into the system tonight, but when I got home and tried to search it I was unable to find the cache. I went into map mode and it doesn't show there either.

Caches I have logged, but are now retired will show in my profile, but how can I find a letterbox (or any cache for that matter) that has been retired that I have not yet found? If it is retired, I do not need to log it for my statistics, but figured it would be polite to let the owner know it's still out there.

Thoughts welcomed,

Michael (aka Neotek)

Quite literally by accident while attempting a Geocache I came across a letterbox hybrid cache today. I opened the cache and found that I was the first person to find the cache since April. I signed the log and moved along planning to put it into the system tonight, but when I got home and tried to search it I was unable to find the cache. I went into map mode and it doesn't show there either.

Caches I have logged, but are now retired will show in my profile, but how can I find a letterbox (or any cache for that matter) that has been retired that I have not yet found? If it is retired, I do not need to log it for my statistics, but figured it would be polite to let the owner know it's still out there.

Thoughts welcomed,

Michael (aka Neotek)

If it didn't have a tracking number on it it will be difficult. To find one without a tracking number, look on logs of other caches close by and note the names of the logged finds before the last signature on the cache.

Then look at the caches found by those people to see if you can find the archived caches they have found. It will probably be in their cache history, somewhere.