Found My First Cache

VE7RJT

I finally found my first cache today (GC1YHVF - 100 Acre Wood Cache). It was the second time I'd made an attempt at this cache, the first being made last Thursday, only to find that the batteries on my GPSr died as I arrived at the site. Besides that, there was too much foot traffic.

I put the GPS on the charger, and had a few minutes to make an attempt today. Once I found where the cache was likely to be, it was just a matter of 'thinking like someone hiding the cache' and it got a whole lot easier. Just reached right in there and pulled the cache out, with a big smile on my face.

I was so happy to just sign the log, writing that it was my very first find. Didn't trade anything as it was such a quick trip that I didn't have anything to trade. It's not really about the swag, anyway.

For all of those who hide caches, thank you. I'm now officially hooked on this hobby, especially after getting #1 out of the way. The quest for #2 has now begun.

Now I just have to wait for my first hide to be approved (it's been about a week. Should it take that long?) and then I'll feel like a full participant in a great hobby.

Welcome! I fully expect you to come do some of my caches now though <_<

LOL Expectations can lead to resentments, you dont want that... hehe. JK!!!

Glad you found your first cache, fun isn't it, we found ours about a week or so ago... Now we are up to 11 and going out today. UGH! We're addicted! **sigh** oh well :anibad:

Ronney & Bill

Welcome! I fully expect you to come do some of my caches now though <_<

LOL Expectations can lead to resentments, you dont want that... hehe. JK!!!

Glad you found your first cache, fun isn't it, we found ours about a week or so ago... Now we are up to 11 and going out today. UGH! We're addicted! **sigh** oh well :anibad:

Ronney & Bill

It is fun. Getting ready to hide my second cache tomorrow (hopefully it'll get approved before my first one, which I'm still waiting on) and I'm determined to pick up find number two this week.

Cheers,

Rod