Newbie in Niagara

earthsign

Hi! My name is Sandra. I grew up in Rockway (Lincoln). My backyard was the Bruce Trail. I have always loved hiking. I was hiking with my kids this past weekend and found a cache. Loved this idea and signed up right away. I don't have a GPS and I'm not sure how to log in that I found this cache. Need help, anyone able to show me the ropes?

Earthsign

Howdy Earthsign.

Welcome to geocaching.

I assume by the Bruce Trail reference you mean the Canadian side. There are one or two cachers from that area who post at GITBuff.com. You are welcome to join in. Many of us cache on the Canadian side of the river fairly often.

Do you have any information about the cache you found? A cache name, coordinates, the place you found it. With this info we should be able to get you to the cache page where you would log the find.

Hi, earthsign.

If you will indicate the general area you are looking at, we can move your thread to the appropriate regional forum so that you can get additional local input.

With the clues Niagara in the title and Bruce Trail in the post I deduce that the OP is talking about Southern Ontario, on the Niagara Peninsula.

Gof,

Your powers of deduction will never cease to amaze me! (And I have got to get myself up to that Bruce Trail area someday soon. Sounds like a very cool area.)

:D:D

Edited by jhauser42

Hi, earthsign.

If you will indicate the general area you are looking at, we can move your thread to the appropriate regional forum so that you can get additional local input.

With the clues Niagara in the title and Bruce Trail in the post I deduce that the OP is talking about Southern Ontario, on the Niagara Peninsula.

Yeah, but to me as a resident of the United States and with your post about Canada, I wasn't sure if this was referencing southern Canada or northern New York state in the US. :)

Hi, earthsign.

Gof,

Your powers of deduction will never cease to amaze me! (And I have got to get myself up to that Bruce Trail area someday soon. Sounds like a very cool area.)

:D:)

Yeah, you can't sneak that bus past me! :)

Did you know that I once suffered a blinding flash of the obvious? :)

Hi, earthsign.

Yeah, but to me as a resident of the United States and with your post about Canada, I wasn't sure if this was referencing southern Canada or northern New York state in the US. :D

Ya' know, I just read the title of the post about wanting someone to hike the Bruce this weekend, (which I posted a link to about the hiking event), and I didn't see that part about stumbling on a cache.

Silly Americans, Niagara refers to The Regional Municipality of Niagara :):):)

You can certainly log this cache as your first find when we figure out what it was. If you remember what cross roads you were between on the Bruce, that would be helpful.

Hi, earthsign.

Yeah, but to me as a resident of the United States and with your post about Canada, I wasn't sure if this was referencing southern Canada or northern New York state in the US. :D

Ya' know, I just read the title of the post about wanting someone to hike the Bruce this weekend, (which I posted a link to about the hiking event), and I didn't see that part about stumbling on a cache.

Silly Americans, Niagara refers to The Regional Municipality of Niagara :):):)

You can certainly log this cache as your first find when we figure out what it was. If you remember what cross roads you were between on the Bruce, that would be helpful.

Yup,that's it. The Niagara peninsula.

Welcome to the sport....

Well.. odds are that I have probably done the cache you found.. so if you can let me know where it was i can probably tell you which one it is.

To log a cache you need to know the coordinates of it, the name of it or at least a general idea of where it is. Find the cache on the maps (her eon Geocaching.com and then select LOG YOUR VISIT in th eupper right hand corner of the page. Not terribly difficult. most time you head out looking for a specific cache(s) so it is a lot easier logging them when you know which ones you found (or didn't - as will be the case sometimes)

DyverDown

a Niagara resident

(of the CANADIAN nature)