ETrex Legend Complication Please Help?

Our Geocaching trek today was ruined because our newly acquired GPS device revolted. We got it second hand, barely used from a very reliable source, so I seriously doubt that it is a product abuse related issue (as in being dropped or somehow damaged internally as it seems to function perfectly otherwise). For some reason, any waypoints that recquire a third number over 5 cannot be entered. For example one of our waypoints was N 32 23.964 W 080 45.537. As soon as we went to enter that 9 in the first set of coordinates, the device refuses to allow it. It will not enter any number over a 5 in that first position after the dot. Its the strangest thing! I've checked the manual, I've checked Garmin's website, to no avail. Has anyone come across this? The device didn't lock up, it didn't act weird, it just simply won't allow us to enter any number over a 5. We visited other waypoints just fine, again, so long as that third number was 5 or below, we could enter it and continue. I know these are legitimate coordinates, many others have been to these caches. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

WynterRavyn and Team