garmin gpsmap 60csx won't acquire satellites

shrpshtr

hey all,

i am getting pretty frustrated with my gamin 60csx. after about 5 months of owning it the power button stopped working and i had to have it replaced by garmin. the sent me a new (refurb) unit after a bunch of shipping promises not kept. regardless, i finally received another unit. after just a few weeks of use, actually only two seperate uses over that time frame, it won't acquire satellites. i have scoured the web trying to find a fix for this because i don't want to have to deal with garmin anymore. i have tried the following:

1-quit, menu, out, & power reset.

2-enter, page, & power master reset

3-webupdater reload of chipset g issue (funny thing with this is that everytime i run the updater it shows this update available. after completing it succesfully it still shows the gps sw 0.00s message under system, software version.

4-i even downgraded the OS from 4.1 to 4.0 and tried the above mentioned steps there with absolutely the same result.

any other ideas or am i gonna have to call garmin tomorrow and tell them where they can put this product after giving me my money back? thanks in advance.

btw, both failures occured when i was back in swamps where i absolutely needed it to navigate my way out. this latest one cost me about 4 hours of wandering around and a several mile walk back to my truck.

Hmmm, don't give up yet. You did all the steps I would recommend, but I will advise to try your #4 again this time going back to firmware v.3.90 by grabbing it from THIS site. I only see the latest firmware for the Map 60CSx as v.4.00. Did your replacement unit come with v.4.10? In any event, this happened to me with my 60Cx, and by stepping back to v.3.90 it brought it back to life. Following that I updated to v.4.00 and all has been well. Hope this clears it up for you!