Lost travel bug

tubeex1995

Well, the first thing is not to jump to conclusions. Give it enough time to verify that your bug is really missing. Don't assume the first report is the full story.

Sometimes a bug will be taken without being logged out or someone will report taking the bug and never do the Retrieve. Again, you need to give them time to do the logging, and yes that could be months.

If the bug is taken by someone who is not a cacher (a muggle), you probably learned about it from the cache page details. Let the owner verify the condition of the cache and then decide what you should do. Some situations, like a missing cache, can be resolved and a lost bug recovered.

If you finally determine a bug is truly lost or destroyed you can re-release it. You can recreate the bug exactly or you can change the mission, goal, attached traveler, name, etc. Just don't delete the logs of the people who previously assisted your bug.

Edited by BlueDeuce

What do you do if one of your travel bugs is stolen by a mugger? :D

I am not saying that hapend to me but I would like to know...

Well, the first thing is not to jump to conclusions. Give it enough time to verify that your bug is really missing. Don't assume the first report is the full story.

Sometimes a bug will be taken without being logged out or someone will report taking the bug and never do the Retrieve. Again, you need to give them time to do the logging, and yes that could be months.

If the bug is taken by someone who is not a cacher (a muggle), you probably learned about it from the cache page details. Let the owner verify the condition of the cache and then decide what you should do. Some situations, like a missing cache, can be resolved and a lost bug recovered.

If you finally determine a bug is truly lost or destroyed you can re-release it. You can recreate the bug exactly or you can change the mission, goal, attached traveler, name, etc. Just don't delete the logs of the people who previously assisted your bug.

Of course if it really was stolen by a "mugger" the local authorities (i.e., police, sheriff, etc) should be notified immediately.