Linking Garmin 60C with Blackberry Curve

Sommers

I have the Blackberry Curve and a Garmin GPSmap 60C. I decided not to get the GPS add on for my phone as I have 4 GPS units already. However I found an app for the Blackberry that alerts you to nearby caches IF you have GPS enabled. My question is can I link, through a cable with duel mini USB hubs, my 60C to my Blackberry? It would save a ton of paper and get me back out there cacheing as I have trouble finding big blocks of time to get out. Thank you for your help.

Sean Sommers

sean_patrick_sommers@yahoo.com

I have the Blackberry Curve and a Garmin GPSmap 60C. I decided not to get the GPS add on for my phone as I have 4 GPS units already. However I found an app for the Blackberry that alerts you to nearby caches IF you have GPS enabled. My question is can I link, through a cable with duel mini USB hubs, my 60C to my Blackberry? It would save a ton of paper and get me back out there cacheing as I have trouble finding big blocks of time to get out. Thank you for your help.

Sean Sommers

sean_patrick_sommers@yahoo.com

If I'm not mistaken, the Curve, the Storm, and a couple others (verizon) - the GPS is not locked. If it's unlocked you can always use CacheBerry.

As far as I know, there is no way to connect your phone to the GPS.

On Verizon, the GPS chip is locked down on the Curve. It will only work (currently) with BBMaps and VZNav.

On the newer devices (Storm and Tour), the GPS chip is unlocked.

On the Curve, you can use a Bluetooth puck GPS receiver instead withe third party applications.

Other carriers may be (probably are) different.

Edited by Motorcycle_Mama