Help with my eTrex Venture HC!

Devinearia

I went today and bought my very first gps for geocaching, I'm new to this all so I'm a little confused. I went to run the trip and waypoint manager program so that I could get maps downloaded to my device. And going through the process it tells me that I need to unlock my maps and in doing so I need my unlock certificate with a coupon code. Problem is I don't have one! I didn't get one with all of my stuff that came with my eTrex and I'm wondering should I have one? Are all MapSource CD-Roms suppose to come with an unlock code to get maps?

Thanks,

Brandi D.

All Mapsource disks are not created equally.

T&W Manager is not a set of Maps...it's specifically for planning trips on your computer, and for transferring waypoints to your GPSr. So it does not come with an unlock code.

If you want Maps, you need to buy City Navigator or Topo maps. These CDs/DVDs will come with an unlock code so you can transfer them to the GPSr.

You can go get the NW Trails maps though at http://www.switchbacks.com/maps/NW_Trails.html ... Those are free and don't need unlock codes. :lol: