Name Change

GeeOCachers

It doesn't appear that you had to go back and re-log all your caches - was Groundspeak able to do an automatic change for you?

Yes, you can request a name change and they simply update the database, which automatically changes your name. Since it is likely the name is pulled based on a database number everytime, the name change is probably quite simple.

It doesn't appear that you had to go back and re-log all your caches - was Groundspeak able to do an automatic change for you?

Yes, you can request a name change and they simply update the database, which automatically changes your name. Since it is likely the name is pulled based on a database number everytime, the name change is probably quite simple.

Congratulations. I'm surprised that name was available.

All three of us in the thread so far have been around long enough to remember when you could just change your name yourself with a mouse click from your profile!! Then of course there was about a one year period when you couldn't do it at all, and had to re-log all your caches. Now the change in policy where they'll do it if you ask nicely. :lol:

I always liked the name weelow...

I've always wanted to change my name too, but didn't because of all the relogging required. Now so many years into the game I think it might be easier (more for others) just to keep the name I have. I checked and the name I want is available... how good a reason do you need for a name change anyway?

I always liked the name weelow...

I've always wanted to change my name too, but didn't because of all the relogging required. Now so many years into the game I think it might be easier (more for others) just to keep the name I have. I checked and the name I want is available... how good a reason do you need for a name change anyway?

I think weelow will still always be known as weelow ;)

You don't really need a good reason, pretty much any reason will do as long as it isn't to cheat somehow.