60CSx registration and Maps question

matsprt

I now have two 60CSx units. The first one was registered on Garmin's site with no problem. I bought another one and when I tried to register it an error came back saying it was already registered. I will make a WAG here and figure the previous owner had registered it.

Does anyone know how to or even if I can register it at Garmin's site ??

One other question....it came with NA maps installed via a Micro SD card. I pulled the card out and made a BU copy. Now maps don't work. Is there a setting that needs to be "reset" for maps to work again ??

TIA

Edited by matsprt

I now have two 60CSx units. The first one was registered on Garmin's site with no problem. I bought another one and when I tried to register it an error came back saying it was already registered. I will make a WAG here and figure the previous owner had registered it.

One other question....it came with NA maps installed via a Micro SD card. I pulled the card out and made a BU copy. Now maps don't work. Is there a setting that needs to be "reset" for maps to work again ??

TIA

For registration you may have to call Garmin and let them know that it's a previously owned unit. As for the maps on the MicroSD they should work fine if selected. The backup won't work because the original is copy protected. I've heard that if your original data get corrupted you can reinstall the maps as long as you put them back on the same MicroSD. BUT... I've never tried it so don't quote me on this one!

TIA

For registration you may have to call Garmin and let them know that it's a previously owned unit. As for the maps on the MicroSD they should work fine if selected. The backup won't work because the original is copy protected. I've heard that if your original data get corrupted you can reinstall the maps as long as you put them back on the same MicroSD. BUT... I've never tried it so don't quote me on this one!

Interesting...I had a call into Garmin....after 30 min on hold they were gone for the day. Will try again next week.

I had taken the MicroSD out and copied it and then put it right back into the GPS. I'm going out now caching so I'll see if it works now, but it has not been working the last few times. There should be no reason for the data to get corrupted but I guess one never knows for sure. So the original MicroSD is protected ?? If there is a problem does Garmin stand behind it ?? Anyone know for sure ??

Edited by matsprt

TIA

Interesting...I had a call into Garmin....after 30 min on hold they were gone for the day. Will try again next week.

I had taken the MicroSD out and copied it and then put it right back into the GPS. I'm going out now caching so I'll see if it works now, but it has not been working the last few times. There should be no reason for the data to get corrupted but I guess one never knows for sure. So the original MicroSD is protected ?? If there is a problem does Garmin stand behind it ?? Anyone know for sure ??

Short answer is "NO"...