Is it possible to encrypt images?

Dr.A.Colian

Hey guys,

I just wonder, if it is somehow possible to encrypt the images (like texts with concathex) so that you can't extrakt them from the gwc-file!?

Or is it possible to "transform" pictures? So that you have some "noise" on the picture included, and a function in the cartridge calculates the whole mess out!

greetings!

Dr.A.Colian

no, it's not possible.

well you -can- encrypt the images, but you won't have any means of decrypting them on the player ;e) - because even if you wrote some kind of image processing in lua, you would have no way to display your modified picture

that said, even if it was possible, i could still extract them just as easily as i can extract concathex'd strings. you cannot use Wherigo to protect your content from prying eyes, if the eyes decide to pry hard enough. it's just not technically possible. the player must show your content at some point so it must be possible to get to it. and when that is possible, someone can do it deliberately

btw did people start extracting images from gwc recently?