Mostly-new take on Lewis and Clark..

foxtrot_xray

Since I know some of you here have talked about Lewis and Clark before, I'm sharing this..

After going on a rather wild webtrail(*) adventure, I came across USGS's take on the Lewis and Clark Journey:

This first page shows LandSat 7 images of some of the campsites that L&C stopped at along their journey.. i think. The neat thing is, you can download REALLY hi-res images. (Need to register an account, but they're free once you do that.)

On that page, it links to another page entitled The Voyage of Discovery Continues that SEEMS to link to the same images, but gives some text backgrond on what you're actually looking at.

Now, before I got there, my webtrail landed me here - Earth as Art. After viewing the neat images, if you REALLY want a hi-res, click on the "Earth as Art, image credits [...]" link, which then has a link to the USGS's image gallery which has humgeonous images to download. Great for PC wallpaper. ;)

(*) A "webtrail" is when you go looking for something, get distracted and find yourself somewhere else, to which you get distracted and then end up on yet another subject matter, and so on. I know we've all done it. Right? :laughing: