What is a PAF

soleful2001

As in: This past Saturday, I sure could have used a PAF after hiking 1.5 miles uphill on the old railroad tracks, through a boulder field/slide area, thick over growth, heaving broken tracks, mosquitos only to end up leaving with a DNF.

We stood at what we thought was Ground Zero wishing we had gotten a number for a local cacher. I have that number now :blink:

As in: This past Saturday, I sure could have used a PAF after hiking 1.5 miles uphill on the old railroad tracks, through a boulder field/slide area, thick over growth, heaving broken tracks, mosquitos only to end up leaving with a DNF.

We stood at what we thought was Ground Zero wishing we had gotten a number for a local cacher. I have that number now :blink:

Just to give the other side of this issue equal time. Many cache owners would prefer you did not use the phone network. They go to a lot of effort to hide a challenging cache only to have the local "PAF Network" share the solution. What is the point of hiding quality caches if finders are going to shortcut it? There are many difficult multi/puzzle caches out there that one person on the PAF Net finds and then shares the final location with the rest.