Traditional, multi or mistery?

DeepButi

I'm planning a serie of caches, on each container you will find a clue. Putting all the clues together, and solving the mistery behind, will give you access to the first hidden waypoint of an aditional cache.

Question 1: Traditional or Multi?

I was going to mark the first set as Traditional, but recently I found a cache with a clue for another one, and it was marked Multi.

Must the first set be marked Multi? They can be find on their own and no need to search for the others if you don't like to.

Question 2: Multi or Mistery?

The aditional one, must be marked Multi (you need its waypoint and the other caches) or Mistery (you must solve the clues)?

Question 3.

How far away can a Mistery/Multi be from its first Waypoint? For coherence and geographic reasons I would like to put it some 50Km away. Is this acceptable?

Thks

Q1: As far as I understand it, the first set should be Traditional if each of them can be found at the coordinates of the listing.

Q2: this should be a mystery: you need to solve a problem before you find out the starting coordinates

Q3: in the guidelines the rule is that a mystery should be within 2 miles of it's listing's coordinates unless you have a very good reason for not doing so. This should be discussed with your local reviewer.

Hi Oisín, thks for your answers.

Q3: in the guidelines the rule is that a mystery should be within 2 miles of it's listing's coordinates ...

It will.

The question is not about it's listing's coordinates but about the distance from listing's coordinates to initial Waypoint.

Hi Oisín, thks for your answers.

Q3: in the guidelines the rule is that a mystery should be within 2 miles of it's listing's coordinates ...

It will.

The question is not about it's listing's coordinates but about the distance from listing's coordinates to initial Waypoint.

There is a minumum distance of 0.1 mile but no maximum but give the seekers an idea as the further apart they are the less people will want to find them. there are multi or mystery caches with the starting point in 1 country and the cache in another 100s of miles apart. But as you can imagine these are not found very often.

The cahes with the clues would be listed as traditionals.

The "bonus cache" would be a mystery/puzzle

I'm not real clear on what you are asking in #3. A mysterty/puzzle usually has bogus

coordinates posted on the cache page and the actual cache should be within 2 miles of those coords.

Within a multi there is no minimum distance between stages, but it would make sense to separate them enough so that you don't find one accidentally while searching for another. BUT each stage of a multi

that has a physical container must be at least .1 mile from any other cache (or stage of another multi

cache).

I'm not real clear on what you are asking in #3. A mysterty/puzzle usually has bogus

coordinates posted on the cache page and the actual cache should be within 2 miles of those coords.

Within a multi there is no minimum distance between stages, but it would make sense to separate them enough so that you don't find one accidentally while searching for another. BUT each stage of a multi

that has a physical container must be at least .1 mile from any other cache (or stage of another multi

cache).

I know there is a minimum distance of 0.1mile, but didn't know if there is a maximum distance.

As it will be 50km, I was wondering if my reviewer would see any problem there.

And ... should I tell the reviewer how the mistery is solved? (this would prevent himself from solving it if he likes :P).

_____

gojkgo, the placement of the first stage of the bonus cache is part of the mistery ... placing the mistery there would make it too obvious!

_____

Thks for all the answers and clarifications.