City Navigator on Colorado 400t

kezlu

The Garmin website does not list the Colorado 400t as a platform for the

City Navigator North America product. Since this product works on the Colorado's predecessors Vista and 60csx, and its successor Oregon, I hope and assume that this is an error/omission on the Garmin site. Can someone confirm this before I purchase a product that I actually will not be able to use?

Ken Z

Boulder

City Navigator North America product.

It's flaky.

If you go to the Buy Maps page, it will not list any of the Colorado 400s but it does list the 300. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/buymaps.do

If you go to the Colorado 400T page and look for maps, it does list City Navigator.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=145...ID=11022#mapTab

City Navigator North America product. Since this product works on the Colorado's predecessors Vista and 60csx, and its successor Oregon, I hope and assume that this is an error/omission on the Garmin site. Can someone confirm this before I purchase a product that I actually will not be able to use?

Ken Z

Boulder

I just received my City Navigator North America NT 2010 DVD. On the package it lists "Oregon series" as one of the platforms with which it works.

Unfortunately I got an error trying to unlock mine and I've had to send a note to Support....

I have now purchased a CN 2010 SD card and installed it in my Colorado 400t. I can confirm that it functions as expected, even though it is not a listed hardware unit on some Garmin website.

Ken Z

Any reason you purchased the SD card insetad of the DVD?

You can install the DVD onto your computer.

Any reason you purchased the SD card insetad of the DVD?

You can install the DVD onto your computer.

The only advantage I'm aware of to getting it preloaded on an SD card is you can move it between GPS units as it's not locked to a particular GPS.

Of course, by the time I would be ready to upgrade my GPS the maps would be old enough that I would be ready to update them. And if your GPS fails and is replaced through Garmin they will transfer your maps to the new GPS (I did that just last month).

The preloaded SD card can't be used for additional storage of maps or other data. Buying the DVD and loading it on a generic SD card allows you to add other maps/data to the SD card.

Oh well...they sell it both ways because different people have different reasons for choosing each product. Perhaps the OP has another GPS they would like to use the maps with?

Ken Z

Boulder

I just received my City Navigator North America NT 2010 DVD. On the package it lists "Oregon series" as one of the platforms with which it works.

Unfortunately I got an error trying to unlock mine and I've had to send a note to Support....

Having an issue as well with the 2010 DVD.