Garmin Maps for Canada?

stushell

Just bought a Garmin 300 and it would be nice to have more detailed map of the areas we visit - even an older one would suffice for now if anyone has one to sell.

How do you like your 300 is it the oregon, colorado?

Hi - so far i love it - i had a magellan explorist for a few weeks and hated the fact that it wasn't compatible with my new Vista computer -- and wasn't going to be --- ever. The oregon is supposed to be "paperless" and seems to be, by and large, but i'm having trouble getting started with it frankly - but then i'm a klutz, so i dare say i will get the hang of it - the touch screen is super.

Just bought a Garmin 300 and it would be nice to have more detailed map of the areas we visit - even an older one would suffice for now if anyone has one to sell.

How do you like your 300 is it the oregon, colorado?

Hi - so far i love it - i had a magellan explorist for a few weeks and hated the fact that it wasn't compatible with my new Vista computer -- and wasn't going to be --- ever. The oregon is supposed to be "paperless" and seems to be, by and large, but i'm having trouble getting started with it frankly - but then i'm a klutz, so i dare say i will get the hang of it - the touch screen is super.

Oh - forgot to say - it's the Oregon

Ibycus Topos do a great job - and best of all they are FREE

Download them and head to their website, there are instructions on how to load 'em up.

Best advice I can give you is to take a few days and READ READ READ.... When I changed over from my Magellan (explorist too) I was a little confused on "how to" with Garmin's.....

DD

Have not tried this yet but have heard he does a good job on topo's.

http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/#Detail