Route PQ won't run

beejay&esskay

I have a route PQ that has run in the past.

Today when I try to display the results, I get the error page.

I thought that might be caused by slowness, so I decided to just ask for it to run and see if the e-mail was right.

It now shows as having run 8/16/2009 12:00:00 AM and I have no e-mail (other PQs run after that have been received.)

Now it clearly did not run then. I have a vague recollection that this is Groundspeak's way of flagging a PQ with "issues".

I'll leave it untouched ("Home to Washington...") and hope a passing lackey might look at it (and run it "free"...it has already counted against my 5 today, I fear.)

(I copied the PQ and attempted to edit it. Could not even get to the edit screen without getting the generic error screen.)

Edited by beejay&esskay
I had lots of Route Pocket Query editing problems this afternoon but just ran 3 tonight (between 10:15 & 10:20 p.m. PDT) without a problem. Maybe the problem whatever it was is in the rearview mirror.

All my route PQs are OK this morning. I guess the Route Hamster gets to rest on Sunday.

A better error message would be helpful in cases like this.

This happened again today.

I have two route PQs which have worked in the past ("To CA Day 4" and "To CA Day 5", for the benefit of the lackeys) which I asked to run today.

They both list as having run 8/30/2009 12:00:00 AM (which I believe is the flag for "failed"). No output received.

They both work for interactive display.

Something occasionally fails with route PQs and it would be nice if it were fixed. (And if a lackey would like to run these and send the output to my account, without it counting against my daily limit, that would also be nice. Since they "ran" today, I have used up my 5 PQs today.)

This happened again today.

I have two route PQs which have worked in the past ("To CA Day 4" and "To CA Day 5", for the benefit of the lackeys) which I asked to run today.

They both list as having run 8/30/2009 12:00:00 AM (which I believe is the flag for "failed"). No output received.

They both work for interactive display.

Something occasionally fails with route PQs and it would be nice if it were fixed. (And if a lackey would like to run these and send the output to my account, without it counting against my daily limit, that would also be nice. Since they "ran" today, I have used up my 5 PQs today.)

I had the same issue with two new routes at the same time. Another new route successfully ran at 12:09AM. I waited all day Sunday, the mail never appeared. I turned the routes on for yesterday and today, still nothing. I was going to delete the PQ and start over tonight.

Fortunately I don't leave for this trip for a week.

I recreated the queries and 2 of 3 again got the 12:00AM run time. The other got through OK. On the one that ran, I forgot to limit the cache types. On the others I had.

When I recreated them again allowing all cache types it ran no problem. Then when I dumped the output into GSAK I deleted the types I did not want and blocked future imports.

So I am working around it OK.

The good news is I learned of an event along my route that might work, an event I would probably not noticed as it is a long route with very little time in each area so I was not looking for them!

Another Sunday, another failure.

From CA Day 7 shows the 12:00 AM run time which indicates it failed.

Some "previews" for route PQs are working for me, most are failing. (All are PQs that have worked in the past.)

I hope the September 35th update alleviates this problem.

Edited by beejay&esskay