City Navigator

myotis

I have concluded it is a waste of time reporting map errors to Garmin and Navtech. I have reported hundreds of errors to them and it seems like they just ignore error reports. I have NEVER got any response from either after reporting errors. When I report an error to Navtech I give an email address to notify me of the status. I have never got a notice. Some things get fixed, but most of the things I report do not. I suspect they have a system to fix problems that does not include user input.

A good example is Mark Twain Lake in MO (where MOGA is held). The dam was finished in 1984. Many of the county roads were closed back then as they are now under the lake. But CN 2010.2 still shows these roads. For example, look at N39 30.313 W91 47.370. If you use their hybrid view any idiot can see there is a lake there not a road. I have been reporting this error to Navteh and Garmin since 2007. Sometimes I will report an example and sometimes I report every road that no longer exists.

Has anyone ever had success in getting them to fix things? If so, how did you do it. It is so frustrating to spend all this money and spend all the time reporting errors when they ignore it.

Yes that is what I have used at Navtek. I fill out an email for status notification and never hear a thing.

I also sent a general email to them complaining. Thier response asked me for a tracking number which I never get. So I looked around the site some more and there is a way to log in. But I have never logged in. I have also just submitted them and then they ask if I want to do more. It has always seemed to work but I have never got a response.

I also sent a general email to them complaining. Thier response asked me for a tracking number which I never get. So I looked around the site some more and there is a way to log in. But I have never logged in. I have also just submitted them and then they ask if I want to do more. It has always seemed to work but I have never got a response.

You can create a user account here -> https://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-exte...erType=CONSUMER

then login and submit/view all your reports and the status.

You will not see anything you have submitted while not logged in.

I've only been using CN for a few months, but did find an error when it tried to route me over a bridge that has been out for about 20 years, much the same as in the OP. Sent a note through the Garmin site, and yes it would be nice to receive a response.

Which gets me thinking, is Garmin and/or Navtek aware of how many dams and reservoirs have been built since NAD 27??

Yes that is what I have used at Navtek. I fill out an email for status notification and never hear a thing.

Set up an account and log in. You will be able to check the status on your report, and will receive a notification when a change occurs. I always supply a graphic with the report and they always get changed in the next update.

I have submitted several reports to Navteq for missing/incorrect POI's and they have all been acknowledged/corrected. Some took a LONG time to be corrected, but it was done.

I also just checked the POI's in question on the CityNav 2010.20 update and they have in fact been corrected.

Set up an account and log in. You will be able to check the status on your report, and will receive a notification when a change occurs. I always supply a graphic with the report and they always get changed in the next update.

How do you submit a graphic? What irriates me is they will not accept a gpx file with a track of where the road is

How do you submit a graphic? What irriates me is they will not accept a gpx file with a track of where the road is

Load your .gpx into Google Earth and send them a screengrab.

8cf29c70-30b8-42da-84dd-78d941b89f4f.jpg