Using FindStatGen3

camnpete

I haven't done this in a while and my notes are obviously not sufficient. I'm wanting to use FindGenStat3 to update the statistics on my profile page.

I've run the My Finds Pocket Query and downloaded the results to my pc.

I've gone to GSAK and fun "File, Load GPX/LOC/ZIP File" after ensuring the new results are in the same folder as the previous results.

I've run the macro FindStatGen3, version 3.2.20.

When I go to my profile page on geocaching.com and open "edit your profile" I do NOT get a request to verify my password (my notes say I should).

When I scroll down to "Your Profile Details", click in that field and hit cntrl-A it highlights all of the data.

But when I hit cntl-v to paste the new text it only pastes the file name that was generated by the PQ.

Where can I get the new PQ data that was generated in a format that can be used to update my profile?

Thanks for your help.

Pete of camnpete

Here is your answer. You a little behind the curve, the current released version is 3.5.15.

Jim

Jim,

1. How do I uplload the latest version (3.5.15) of FindStatGen3?

2. When I run the macro it pauses and I get a message that says:

It looks like you don't have your found logs in GSAK or you don't have your method for matching set up correctly in tools/options.

I go to the indicated post but all that seems to tell me is how to get my user id#, which I already know is 203497.

Thanks for your help.

Pete

1. For macros in general, see this FAQ. For this specific macro see this post.

2. Most likely you have not loaded your MyFinds PQ lately. The macro needs to have your found logs in order to work correctly. You don't get them unless you load the MyFinds log or update each cache one at a time.

Jim

Edited by jholly

2. Most likely you have not loaded your MyFinds PQ lately. The macro needs to have your found logs in order to work correctly. You don't get them unless you load the MyFinds log or update each cache one at a time.

Jim

Jim,

I'm feeling like a real dunce, but I still can't figure out how to get the latest version (3.5.15) of FindStatGen3 loaded into GSAK. When I click on the link you sent me I see information about that new version, but not how to update/load it.

Thanks,

Pete

Jim

Jim,

I'm feeling like a real dunce, but I still can't figure out how to get the latest version (3.5.15) of FindStatGen3 loaded into GSAK. When I click on the link you sent me I see information about that new version, but not how to update/load it.

Thanks,

Pete

Did you look at the FAQ link I gave you? If you are still having problems could you elaborate on which step is causing problems?

Jim

Jim

Jim,

Thanks,

Pete

Did you look at the FAQ link I gave you? If you are still having problems could you elaborate on which step is causing problems?

Jim

Yes. I go to the GSAK Macro Library index and open FindStatGen3 3.5.15 lignumaqua 2009-03-30 Find Statistics Generator (3.5)

That takes me to liqnumaqua's March 30, 2009 post which describes all of the changes made in 3.5.15, but I can't find anything that tells me how to upload that version into GSAK.

Pete

Jim

Jim,

Thanks,

Pete

Jim

Yes. I go to the GSAK Macro Library index and open FindStatGen3 3.5.15 lignumaqua 2009-03-30 Find Statistics Generator (3.5)

That takes me to liqnumaqua's March 30, 2009 post which describes all of the changes made in 3.5.15, but I can't find anything that tells me how to upload that version into GSAK.

Pete

Please re-read post #7. Did you follow the link I gave you? Does this procedure confuse you? Please take note of what you are doing and then tell me what step confuses you.

Jim

Jim

Jim,

Thanks,

Pete

Jim

Pete

Jim,

I go to the FAQ link and it tells me how to open the FindSatGen3 macro, which I do. That takes me to lignumaqua's 3-30-2009 entry. I read all about the changes that were made in this revision and then click on the 'findstatgen3.qsk' link at the very bottom of the entry. I choose to "open with gsak geocaching program (default). Almost instantly I receive a message saying all downloads are complete. I then go back to the macros heading on the GSAK home page and click on 'manage/run', but the old version of FindStatGen3 is still there. Do I have to close GSAK and restart it?

Pete

Jim

Jim,

Thanks,

Pete

Jim

Pete

Jim,

I go to the FAQ link and it tells me how to open the FindSatGen3 macro, which I do. That takes me to lignumaqua's 3-30-2009 entry. I read all about the changes that were made in this revision and then click on the 'findstatgen3.qsk' link at the very bottom of the entry. I choose to "open with gsak geocaching program (default). Almost instantly I receive a message saying all downloads are complete. I then go back to the macros heading on the GSAK home page and click on 'manage/run', but the old version of FindStatGen3 is still there. Do I have to close GSAK and restart it?

Pete

Apparently you don't have the file association set correctly. Use the windows explorer to go to the directory the downloaded file is. Double click the file, windows should say it does not how to open the file and give you a choice of going to the web or picking from a list. Chose the list and if GSAK is not on the list use the browse button got chose GSAK. If you have your file associations set correctly you will not have to do this step.

Jim

Jim

Jim,

Thanks,

Pete

Jim

Pete

Jim,

Pete

Apparently you don't have the file association set correctly. Use the windows explorer to go to the directory the downloaded file is. Double click the file, windows should say it does not how to open the file and give you a choice of going to the web or picking from a list. Chose the list and if GSAK is not on the list use the browse button got chose GSAK. If you have your file associations set correctly you will not have to do this step.

Jim

Jim

Jim,

Thanks,

Pete

Jim

Pete

Jim,

Pete

Jim

Jim,

My downloaded PQ is in 893125.gpx. When I double click on that it opens and shows the results of the download, i.e. all of the caches I've ever found.

That doesn't sound like what you were expecting. Do I need to change something?

Thanks,

Pete

Jim

Jim,

Thanks,

Pete

Jim

Pete

Jim,

Pete

Jim

Jim,

My downloaded PQ is in 893125.gpx. When I double click on that it opens and shows the results of the download, i.e. all of the caches I've ever found.

That doesn't sound like what you were expecting. Do I need to change something?

Thanks,

Pete

PS. I'm running a pc with VISTA. Does that cause any special problems? (I know it has in other situations)

Jim,

Pete

These really are questions for the GSAK website's forums, but I will try to answer the above question. The macro *should* install itself automatically when you download it, but apparently it did not. In that case, you may need to download it to your harddrive and install it manually using the Install button on GSAK's Macro Run/Manage page.