Not-so-newb looking for a mentor

JBnW

Greetings,

In my real job, I work at some very historic mining districts that I think would be suitable for an EC (or 3 or 4), but I'm having problems figuring out how to meet the educational requirements of an EC. I am certain that any geologist knowledgeable with hard rock mining would agree with the significance of the area, as well as the ramifications of this area's current situation. I just can't figure out how to set it up. Would someone be willing to assist an EC-newb in thinking out the whole thing?? For those willing brave enough, please contact me offline by PM or Email through our profile. Thanks for your consideration, and Cheers!

Thanks to those that have responded to my request for help! You know who you are! :P Have given me several things to think of. I have another question regarding a suggestion made; how likely is it that folks searching ECs would purchase a home test kit, just to log a find? We're talking about $10 USD available at most home supply stores? Although, knowing the likely results from such a kit (OMG!! You're Kidding!! :D ) would be ... educational! cheers, and keep the ideas coming!

Thanks to those that have responded to my request for help! You know who you are! :D Have given me several things to think of. I have another question regarding a suggestion made; how likely is it that folks searching ECs would purchase a home test kit, just to log a find? We're talking about $10 USD available at most home supply stores? Although, knowing the likely results from such a kit (OMG!! You're Kidding!! :rolleyes: ) would be ... educational! cheers, and keep the ideas coming!

I'd guess that very few people would want to spend $10 for a test kit, no matter how cool the experience.

I am a bit strange, and I might consider buying the kit (in fact, I teach science, so I probably already have the right materials) if the EarthCache sounded interesting to me. ...but I'm a geek.

PM me if you want to brainstorm ways around the kit.