Personnalized Field Notes upload

elemay

I have a Oregon 300 and I would like to personnalize the comments into the geocache_visits.txt file before uploading it (example : Cache # XXXX found at hh:mm).

Anyone knows what is the format of the text file (character encoding) ?

Edited by elemay

Perhaps I'm not understanding the question; otherwise, it's just a plain ASCII file.

GC####,yyyy-mm-ddThh:mmZ,Found it,"your log here"

GC####,yyyy-mm-ddThh:mmZ,Didn't find it,"your log here"

GC####,yyyy-mm-ddThh:mmZ,Needs Maintenance,"your log here"

I have a Oregon 300 and I would like to personnalize the comments into the geocache_visits.txt file before uploading it (example : Cache # XXXX found at hh:mm).

When you upload your field notes to geocaching.com, you still have to submit them for each cache and you can edit them when you actually submit each cache log.

Edited by Chris CA

File format of "UTF-16 No-BOM" works for me

There is a very nice macro for GSAk that will do this for you, you can use a standard template text with the usual GSAK smartcodes and new codes, and then add the hand edits before you upload the final log to gc.com.

Search for "gsak oregon export macro". Lotsa other features as well.

There is a very nice macro for GSAk that will do this for you, you can use a standard template text with the usual GSAK smartcodes and new codes, and then add the hand edits before you upload the final log to gc.com.

Search for "gsak oregon export macro". Lotsa other features as well.

I found that the Oergon .txt file is a unicode text file, but I prefer the easy option of using that macro!

Thanks Maingray.