mapping question

After a hike, if i wanted to come back and look at my track on map, what program would i need? I see some posts on here that shows the tracks on sat. view. Just wondering where i can get that program. THX!

My question is similar to the person before me. New to geocaching and have a Garman76 and wondering which would be a good mapping program. Any good ones free?

Thanks

After a hike, if i wanted to come back and look at my track on map, what program would i need? I see some posts on here that shows the tracks on sat. view. Just wondering where i can get that program. THX!

What gpsr do you have and did it come with software? If you have a garmin and it came with mapsource, you can download the track to mapsource and then, from there, view the track in google earth.

I don't use EasyGPS very often. That is a piece of free software. You can download the track to that program but, I'm not sure that you can do much except view the track log on your computer screen after that.

There is a piece of shareware - USAPhotoMaps - available from jdmcox.com (free, but a donation is requested by the author). That program downloads topos and satellite imagery from the TerraServer website. It is also compatible with most gpsr's.

You could also purchase topo maps - there are several different versions. The one that I use is AllTopo (about $100/per state).