Need assistance with "send to gps"

jefro

Greetings folks,

I recently purchased an Oregon 300, and plugged in a 4gb card with Topo Canada v4.

The main reason for this purchase was to geocache...however I've run into quite a bit of difficulty in doing so.

After searching via the geocaching.com website, I located several caches in my area.

Either from the search results menu, or by clicking exclusively on the geocache - when I select "Send to GPS", I get a pop up window error stating the following...

-------------------------------------------------------------

The following items cannot be transferred:

1. Waypoints

Either the GPS does not support the items or Garmin Communicator Plug-In needs

to be upgraded.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It then prompts me to select OK, or cancel.

After I select OK, it shows this text in the pop up window...

"Geocache GC1CR0Y.gpx (or whichever geocache I selected) saved successfully".

I have no idea where it was saved it. It's nowhere on my pc. In fact, I don't think it even saved.

I've tried using both firefox and ie, but I get the same error with both.

I only have a basic membership, so the gps eXchange option is not available to me.

I've been itching to get outside and do some geocaching with this thing, but I can't even get a geocache onto my Oregon :D

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Edit....yes, I do have the latest version of Garmin Communicator as well.

Edited by jefro

Ok, I seem to have gotten the "send to gps" button to work.

Not sure if I overlooked this somewhere, but my GPS has to have mass storage mode enabled for the file to be sent.

Is there any way to send an entire page's worth of geocaching.com search results for my area to my device - instead of clicking each one by one?

Not sure if I overlooked this somewhere, but my GPS has to have mass storage mode enabled for the file to be sent.

Is there any way to send an entire page's worth of geocaching.com search results for my area to my device - instead of clicking each one by one?

If you pay for a premium membership, its very easy with pocket queries

There is a place in the setup menu of your Oregon where you can go into mass storage mode whenever its connected to a computer.

There is a place in the setup menu of your Oregon where you can go into mass storage mode whenever its connected to a computer.

Cool :laughing:

I caved and got a premium membership. Just getting acquainted with pocket queries...as clicking on each single geocache will take me FOREVER!

I caved and got a premium membership. Just getting acquainted with pocket queries...as clicking on each single geocache will take me FOREVER!

You will love pocket queries. Just download the file in zip format, then unzip, then send the gpx file to the Oregon. It's that simple.

The first couple times will be a little challenging to some, but after you get the hang of it you will bless the geocaching gawds for allowing you to get the premium membership so cheap.

You will love pocket queries. Just download the file in zip format, then unzip, then send the gpx file to the Oregon. It's that simple.

The first couple times will be a little challenging to some, but after you get the hang of it you will bless the geocaching gawds for allowing you to get the premium membership so cheap.

Ok, cool ;)

I've "ran a query"...

All I got in my email was a link...

the link just shows the query I created and says "running query"...

How long does it take for the gpx zip to come through?

Edited by jefro