card volume won't mount pc asks to format, help.

gallet

when an edge 705 with a p n p card is plugged in to the pc, the internal memory mounts but not the SD card, although the SD card can be seen in the My Computer window as a volume. Consequently the edge does not read the maps on the SD card.

When I have the card in my Colorado, then both the Colorado internal volume mount and the SD card also mounts. And the sd maps work normally.

Any clues, I'm sure it's something simple. Latest firmware is installed.

when an edge 705 with a p n p card is plugged in to the pc, the internal memory mounts but not the SD card, although the SD card can be seen in the My Computer window as a volume. Consequently the edge does not read the maps on the SD card.

When I have the card in my Colorado, then both the Colorado internal volume mount and the SD card also mounts. And the sd maps work normally.

Any clues, I'm sure it's something simple. Latest firmware is installed.

Typically the cards are going to be FAT32 in a GPS receiver. This format is prone to errors and consequently the more modern operating systems are going to want to fix them first before attempting to read them. Try another computer to see if you can at least off load the data, then format the card to FAT32 and then do a scandisk with the drive tools and allow it to mark any bad clusters. There's not much you can do if the computer can't read it.

Otherwise, recovery of your data may be hosed.

As a result of running into this myself with my MeirPlat, I started each new card with a FAT32 format on my current system so my system is happy with the card.

Edited by TotemLake