Still a few 2008 Mt. Hood Territory coins left

grateful cacher

There are still about 20-25 2008 Mt. Hood Territory geocoins up for grabs even though the contest ended in October 2008. For details (including the waypoints) you can download the entry form here:

http://www.mthoodterritory.com/vfr/geolog.pdf

There are 10 sites in Clackamas County Oregon that you need to visit (actaully 8, since two of them have been archived). Visit each site, get the magic word, and after you get 7, you can claim you coin at the End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center in Oregon City, Oregon. All the rules, contact informatin, etc. are on the form.

There are still about 20-25 2008 Mt. Hood Territory geocoins up for grabs even though the contest ended in October 2008. For details (including the waypoints) you can download the entry form here:

There are 10 sites in Clackamas County Oregon that you need to visit (actaully 8, since two of them have been archived). Visit each site, get the magic word, and after you get 7, you can claim you coin at the End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center in Oregon City, Oregon. All the rules, contact informatin, etc. are on the form.

I thought this was done and over.

I may have to head out a few days early to the Geo Luau Event to get this done.

I will have to make sure my kids ( 6 & 8 ) will be able to handle these caches.

They did just go on a hike with me to hide two new caches and it was over 5 miles of hiking so we should be good to go i hope.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

The contest was over last October. But when I was doing the 2009 coin contest, I noticed that next to the box of 2009 coins was one marked 2008. I asked if they were selling those coins or what, and the lady at the desk told me that you could still turn in the form and get them, there were 20-25 coins left. The caches were not that difficult to do, the coordinates were very accurate, and parking was close to most of them. Not a lot of hiking involved at all. Note that two of the sites have been archived and are not reachable(GC1DJVD and GC1DJVB). But you only need 7 for the coin. I did them in about 4 hours. Lots nice driving on back roads, beautiful country. You kids will love two of the sites, one with alpacas and one with elk. Allow extra time for those two. If you have the time, you could do the 2009 coin hunt as well.

I thought this was done and over.

I may have to head out a few days early to the Geo Luau Event to get this done.

I will have to make sure my kids ( 6 & 8 ) will be able to handle these caches.

They did just go on a hike with me to hide two new caches and it was over 5 miles of hiking so we should be good to go i hope.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Edited by ivhs72