Just Parking Coordinates

Actually, this is a better question. Just got my Vista HCx. Ran a PQ to get the 500 closest caches onto my unit. When I opened that PQ into GSAK it actually uploaded about 623 points as opposed to 500. I assume the extra waypoints are parking, etc... I sent everything to my Vista HCx. I am happy that I have the actual cache locations on my Vista but I would rather not have all of those other waypoints on it. I would prefer to have those extra parking waypoints in my Garmin Nuvi. I know how to delete the waypoints out of the Vista but my question is how do I get those parking waypoints into my nuvi 780? Is there a filter I need to turn on or hopefully something simple like that.

OK, when you download a PQ you get a zip file with two gpx files, one is the cache locations and the other is "child waypoints". These child waypoints can be parking, stages to a multi, trailhead, LOADS of different things. I believe you can run a filter to only show the parking waypoints etc. When you're sending to your vista you can choose it to not send any child way points by unticking use defaults and there's a section about child waypoints. I don't have GSAK on this computer as am at work so if you're still stuck I will post again when I get home :lol:

In GSAK I have my PQ loaded with all the caches and child waypoints. When click-off use defaults and click-off yes under include additional child waypoints my total number still stays the same. Do I need to click-on each geocahe and not child waypoint in order to get just my 500 caches???

In GSAK I have my PQ loaded with all the caches and child waypoints. When click-off use defaults and click-off yes under include additional child waypoints my total number still stays the same. Do I need to click-on each geocahe and not child waypoint in order to get just my 500 caches???

No,

if you have the caches you want on the device on screen, then choose the menu GPS>Send Waypoints and then it should send all in that view (you can say don't do child way points) and also you can limit the number to send :lol:

I'm sure I am missing something simple but if I click-off include additional child waypoints then send to my Vista I am still getting the parking and additional waypoints. I am trying to send all my waypoints at once and not limiting the number. I have a PQ for the 500 closest caches and I do not want to send them screen by screen. Not sure what is going on but if you can shed anymore light onto the situation I would greatly appreciate it.

I think I have it figured out. In GSAK I loaded my PQ. Under Search, Filter, Other there is a box for cache types. I was able to click to the Other Box off (which I'm assuming the parking coords go under that icon). I was then able to load the actual caches onto my VISTA and then switch the filter back to just parking coords and load that onto my GARMIN NUVI. Is this the simplest way or am I totally going in the wrong direction?? Thanks for all the help. I am trying to get this figured out today as I am leaving for camp tomorrow morning.

I think I have it figured out. In GSAK I loaded my PQ. Under Search, Filter, Other there is a box for cache types. I was able to click to the Other Box off (which I'm assuming the parking coords go under that icon). I was then able to load the actual caches onto my VISTA and then switch the filter back to just parking coords and load that onto my GARMIN NUVI. Is this the simplest way or am I totally going in the wrong direction?? Thanks for all the help. I am trying to get this figured out today as I am leaving for camp tomorrow morning.

Any GSAK pro's out there wanna suggest another way??