Logging my coin in and out

insx

What's going on when people post this sort of thing?

'Just logging my personal coin in and out.'

From what I understand coin dipping is to keep track of how many miles you've traveled. And I'm guessing the owner enters it under trackables like you would if you took or left a coin or TB,

What I don't understand is why it has to be noted on every log the coin dipper enters. Just curious.

What I don't understand is why it has to be noted on every log the coin dipper enters. Just curious.

What usually happens is someone decides to start using a personal travel bug and wants to backlog every cache they've been to. They'll post a Note on previous caches using the date they found the cache and drop the bug. A short explanation is nice and they can then immediately delete the cache log and the bug logging will stay accurate. The best thing is to say you will delete the cache note. Some caches owners find the logs annoying but at least the log isn't left on the cache page.

Whenever you drop your personal travel bug along with a Found it note for a cache you currently found there is no reason to mention your personal TB.

On a side note, tracking mileage is barely accurate. Most just like to log their bug as a companion who went along for the ride.

What usually happens is someone decides to start using a personal travel bug and wants to backlog every cache they've been to. They'll post a Note on previous caches using the date they found the cache and drop the bug. A short explanation is nice and they can then immediately delete the cache log and the bug logging will stay accurate. The best thing is to say you will delete the cache note. Some caches owners find the logs annoying but at least the log isn't left on the cache page.

Whenever you drop your personal travel bug along with a Found it note for a cache you currently found there is no reason to mention your personal TB.

On a side note, tracking mileage is barely accurate. Most just like to log their bug as a companion who went along for the ride.

We see it on over 1/2 of the current logs for our caches. These are not for old finds they are trying to catch up on.

I'd be interested in hearing why it's noted in the find. Anyone do this?