GPSr Upgrade

wildfowler

I'm currently geocaching with an Etrex Venture (the original model), a Nuvi 610 (For getting to the general cache area by road) and using the internet on my phone for the cache description, hints and logging in the field. Unfortunately using the internet on my phone during the day is rather expensive and even more so if I'm outside of the UK. So I'm looking to update to a newer model that'll basically do away with the need for all 3.

I'm currently looking at upgrading to an Oregon 400t that supports paperless caching. I can log the finds when I get home on my pc or still use my phone in the evenings\weekends. I would also use the Oregon for my other pastimes of hillwalking and sailing.

Can any Oregon owners\users give me any advice or feedback on the best model for the job and how it performs in the field?

Many thanks :unsure:

You can load the cache information (paperless) into your nuvi and not use your phone. You are a premium member so you can get the Pocket Queries. All you need is GSAK to run a nifty micro to load all the information and hints. Nuvi Clicky!

It works great.

Congratulations on you first post.

Edited by sodajerk

You can load the cache information (paperless) into your nuvi and not use your phone. You are a premium member so you can get the Pocket Queries. All you need is GSAK to run a nifty micro to load all the information and hints. Nuvi Clicky!

It works great.

Congratulations on you first post.

Thanks I'll play around with the nuvi and see how I get on! Still fancy an Oregon tho! Maybe that's just the gadget geek coming out in me! :D