Annoyance Comment.. Search Feature

Bent Nerds

Hi, something I noticed, often I want to search for various models of GPS and such but it does not permit search terms under 5 characters, which is a bit extreme.. even when using phrases such as "nuvi 1200" or nuvi* 1200* this is still too little characters thus its tough to find any information.

Might help with less repeat questions if this was changed.

Yes, but "nuvi 255w" with the quotes is more than 5 characters.

I hardly ever use the search here, I just use google instead. Put in any search times you want, and add site:forums.Groundspeak.com to the end of it...

Edited by lee_rimar

I hardly ever use the search here, I just use google instead. Put in any search times you want, and add site:forums.Groundspeak.com to the end of it...

I used a bad example there, should be "nuvi 760". I see you can get around it by using quotes on each word like "nuvi" (5 char) "760" (5 char).

Just thought I would mention this because so many GPS names have like 2-3 digits.

I used a bad example there, should be "nuvi 760". I see you can get around it by using quotes on each word like "nuvi" (5 char) "760" (5 char).

Just thought I would mention this because so many GPS names have like 2-3 digits.

Be sure to see Lee Rimer's comment about using the "site:" keyword in Google (and most other search engines)