dialogs, messages, input series

vincesfamily

How can I display a series of messages (not dialogs, because the messages need button scripts) to run so that they pause after each message. If I run a series of messages, the emulator either runs through them so fast that I can't read them and ends on the final message, or it just skips to the last message. Inputs pose the same problem. I present a dialog culminating in a riddle and I then want an input, but all the emulator does is show me the getinput screen. I know I could set the riddle up as a task, but that doesn't really flow well, and I really need the messages with button script problem solved. Also, can this be done using just the editor? Every time I type anything at all in the author section the program fails to load.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Attached is an example of a series of messages using the button script made from the builder and without any author script. It includes a LUA source file and a GWC file that you can run on the emulator or in your GPS device Wherigo player. The last message tells you what buttons to push if you are editing the LUA file in the Builder.

SeriesOfMessages: SeriesOfMessages.zip

Attached is an example of a series of messages using the button script made from the builder and without any author script. It includes a LUA source file and a GWC file that you can run on the emulator or in your GPS device Wherigo player. The last message tells you what buttons to push if you are editing the LUA file in the Builder.

SeriesOfMessages: SeriesOfMessages.zip

This should do just fine. I wish there had been a "pause until the player presses the "okay" button" command to use. Things would've been easier.

Thanks!

This should do just fine. I wish there had been a "pause until the player presses the "okay" button" command to use. Things would've been easier.

actually, things would be a whole lot harder if you really had such command. it wouldn't play well with timers, for one.

but i still don't understand how your issue even came to existence. you say you need to use button scripts, so what's to stop you from placing the next messagebox within a button script in the first place?