OK, what's up with formatting in my logs?

Phillips4

Is something going on with the system that is not allowing me to format text or add links in my "found it" logs?

- I can see formatting (bold, italics, size, colors) in previous logs, but can't add it in a new log

- I'm using the same formatting codes used in previous logs

- When I post the log, all formatting is stripped out

- Same for <a href=... links; no remnant of the code remains after posting the log

Just wondering if this is a new "feature" or temporary disruption of service. thx...

Is something going on with the system that is not allowing me to format text or add links in my "found it" logs?

- I can see formatting (bold, italics, size, colors) in previous logs, but can't add it in a new log

- I'm using the same formatting codes used in previous logs

- When I post the log, all formatting is stripped out

- Same for <a href=... links ; no remnant of the code remains after posting the log

Just wondering if this is a new "feature" or temporary disruption of service. thx...

Are you trying to use HTML formatting on logs? 'Cause logs use BCCode for formatting, not HTML

Do you use FireFox (and Greasemonkey scripts)?

Unfortunately, no. This script really looks cool tho - wish there was something like it for IE.

BTW, using BBcode solved my problem except for text sizing. I tried these and several variations of the following without success.

{size=xx}text{/size}, {font size=xx}text{/font}, {size=xx}text{/size}, & {large}text{/large}

After 'posting', sometimes the ending part of the code would vanish but leave the beginning part with the text un-resized; other times both beginning & ending codes would remain.

Edit: Whoa - looks like something worked here on the forum page. Wonder why it didn't on my log? Changed the square brackets to curly ones so you can see what I'm doing. #1 & #3 changed the "xx" to "0" and resized the "text" on this posting.

Edited by Phillips4