More cache info in the eTrex Vista HCx

Hello...I have an eTrex Vista HCx and love it, the only thing I have an issue with is the amount of data that is pushed from geocaching.com to the eTrex. It seems its a limitation on the eTrex, limiting the "Note" to 30 characters. Are there any add-on for the eTrex that would exand this info and help towards paperless caching?

Thanks...TNSlim :unsure:

The eTrex's are great machines, but don't "paperless cache" very well at all.

The best thing you could do is grab a cheap PDA, something like the old Palm M1xx/M5xx model and use it for the paperless caching portion. Load Cachemate software onto the PDA and that combo actually becomes very powerful and useful!

I geocache with such a combo. You can load thousands of cache pages onto a PDA even one with only limited memory!

Yup, about the only way to paperless with an eTrex is with a separate PDA, he eTrex just isn't really able to show enough info. Or just get a newer unit that supports paperless caching out of the box, like the DeLormes or an Oregon. I tried using my PDA for paperless once, and I didn't like it; took a while to get all the info onto the PDA, then having to juggle between the GPSr and PDA out in the field was just no fun, either. But I have a PN-40 now, and I love having everything I need right there in my hand.