Changing Cache Type

Chaseskip

Is there a way to change the Cache Type after a cache has been published?

I have put out 4 caches, & now I want to put a few more. These are all located on my lake & are turning out to be more of a multi-cache showing people the different attractions on the lake rather than just traditional caches.

Thanks,

Chaseskip

You have to ask your reviewer to change the cache type. Most reviewers however will tell you that if you are changing the cache type, you are providing in essence a different caching experience and should archive the old cache and submit a new one with the new type.

Reviewers will also hesitate to change a cache type because it messes with the stats of anybody who already found it.

Is there a way to change the Cache Type after a cache has been published?

I have put out 4 caches, & now I want to put a few more. These are all located on my lake & are turning out to be more of a multi-cache showing people the different attractions on the lake rather than just traditional caches.

Thanks,

Chaseskip

These are so new that no one has found them yet.

Here's something to consider. In a park around where I live, someone placed 5 or 6 traditional caches along a trail. People can still find them individually; there's no requirement to find them all. However, inside each cache is part of the coordinates to a puzzle/mystery cache that is also placed in the park. So, while there's no requirement to find all of the traditional caches, there certainly is an incentive. You could do something like that without changing the "type" of the existing caches, and place a new puzzle/mystery cache for people who do all of your traditional caches.