Sticking / Drifting Location Marker on Oregon Series

I have had my 400T for about two months now and noticed right away that the location marker would stop moving while I was still searching for a cache. Somtimes the marker drifts with a mind of its own. Other times I will be heading North but the marker is pointing south. NOT GOOD!

Have been reading some threads about this problem with the Oregon and apparently it has been a problem since inseption.

Does anyone know of a fix? I really like this unit but, hate to think I invested into an expencive PDA rather than a nice GPSR.

Just wanting to know if others are experinceing the same problems?

And, do I return it or keep it?

I see this occasionally on my unit (Oregon 400t). I'm running the latest beta software (3.01) so at this point there hasn't been a fix.

Garmin is still working on both features for the software for the Oregon as well as refining accuracy and other functional characteristics of the software.

Whether to exchange/return is really up to you. I'm keeping mine even in the face of some shortcomings (which I see as minor). The things the Oregon does well greatly outweigh the small glitches that I hope will be addressed in software updates eventually.

I think we're all waiting for a fix. That would seem to me to be a major issue and one they would need to focus on eliminating or minimizing as much as possible sooner rather than later. I'm concerned given the number of releases that have not fixed it that it may be something that will not be able to be eliminated. That dampens my enthusiasm with the unit a great deal. It can be worked around but it's quite disappointing. Still, the amount of map area I can view and the interface means I will probably ride it out and see what they can do with it.

Edited by photomankc

I see this occasionally on my unit (Oregon 400t). I'm running the latest beta software (3.01) so at this point there hasn't been a fix.

Garmin is still working on both features for the software for the Oregon as well as refining accuracy and other functional characteristics of the software.

Whether to exchange/return is really up to you. I'm keeping mine even in the face of some shortcomings (which I see as minor). The things the Oregon does well greatly outweigh the small glitches that I hope will be addressed in software updates eventually.

I really wish I could consider not getting on a location a minor shortcoming. I'm running the 3.01 as well but I do not see this problem as being corrected or suggested in any of the garmin updates. (marker drift/stick)I can live without the manoverboard feature and what good is waypoint averaging going to do if the unit cant decide where the waypoint even is?

As I have posted before, so far I have a really nice PDA, something I was not in the market for when I purchaced my 400T

Like you I want to wait and see but, it is a gpsr first and formost.

Edited by yabetterduk