Getting a geocoin out of my inventory

nekom

I found an Autism Awareness geocoin in a cache (really neat coin BTW) and it had a rather particular final goal, so I contacted the owner as I was able to get this coin to its final goal. That goal was to be delivered to the mailbox of a relative of the coin's owner. I did that, double checked with the owner and it got there just great. Question is now, how do I get this out of my inventory? I don't believe the coin owner's relative has a GC account, so they never logged the coin. So the coin is where it belongs, but I no longer have it, how would I get this out of my inventory list? Any advice is appreciated.

If the owner doesn't respond you can drop it into one of your own caches to get the option to move it to an unknown location and out of your inventory.

Just post a note on your cache and drop the coin. Then access the coin page and on the right you'll see the option to mark as missing. Then delete the drop log on the coin page so it doesn't add on extra mileage. You can delete the cache note as well. Anyone can pull it back out of unknown at any time.

Or have the forum Mod Eartha mark it a missing for you.