Check your cache pages for smoke and water damage!

Generators are in a different building from I can tell. Seems like a reasonable design to me but I am no engineer. Agree that maybe some floor drains would be a good idea. :unsure:

I am and I agree. The design seems to have accomplished it's primary goal of preserving life and containing the fire.

I assume that the problem was with a transformer. They unfortunately will every so often just fail, sometimes fantastically.

Edited by seob

Oh sure, just pile on. :unsure: I would hope that a company with a bazillion customers would have more ways to restore service.

I wasn't piling on. That wasn't my intention. Sorry if I offended. :) I agree with you that GC.com did everything within their power and resources to get back online. They obviously a small operation and I think their level of backup seems appropriate.

Verizon absolutely needed to have a backup and evidently they did. GC being down is an annoyance, my Verizon DSL sevice being down is a major disruption, especially for my wife!

No offense taken. Just trying to make the point to others that the level of expectations for GS to have redundant systems seems just a bit over the top.